There are a number of ways you can join Prestwick
Sailing Club so to help you we have listed them below.
IF YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW TO SAIL TO
THE RYA STANDARD
- Go to the DOWNLOADS PAGE, print off the Membership form, fill it out and
send it in, alternatively pop into the club with it ~ we will take care of the rest for you.
- Come down to the club on a Sunday/Thursday evening and speak to anyone. If you bring your gear with you we will try and get you out for a sail with one of
- Come down any weekend, there is always lots going on, always someone who can chat to you and let you know exactly how you go about joining.
IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SAIL BUT WANT
- CONGRATULATIONS you've just taken the first step to a lifetime of fun, excitement and friendships.
- You will need to enrol on one of our Training Courses which will result in you becoming a RYA qualified sailor - have a look on the LEARN TO SAIL section of
this website for more details.
- We totally understand how difficult it can be to take those first steps when you don't know anyone but rest assured everyone on our packed out Training Courses
is in the same boat - not literally though so dont worry !!
- We have a very good BUDDY SYSTEM in place.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 17 OR HAVE CHILDREN
UNDER 17 WHO WANT TO JOIN
- If you are under 17 you will need your parents/guardians permission to join and become a Cadet, this applies even if you can sail and hold RYA level 1,2 &
- Parents, if you wish to enrol your children in our Cadet program we will need you to come down with them to complete the enrolment and have an opportunity to see what
we are all about firsthand.
THINK YOU CANT SAIL WITHOUT A BOAT -
For new members we offer use of the club boats on
a Tuesday evening
(subject to availability)
A range of club boats are available at all other
times for a nominal fee.
Keep your eyes and ears open both on the WANTED
section on this site and around the clubhouse, it is not uncommon to find skippers who need regular crew
NO MATTER WHAT YOUR SAILNG LEVEL IS COME
ON DOWN WE PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT