How do I Start Sailing?
The best way to get started is to sign on to one of our training courses.
Our course fees include training and all equipment.
Prestwick Sailing Club offers high quality training programs to members and prospective members. We have a team of enthusiastic Instructors qualified in a wide range of disciplines. All of our courses follow the Royal Yachting Association Schemes and aim to develop individuals in the sport.
New Members are Always Welcome
Membership of Prestwick Sailing Club is open to everyone.
Whether you are a family, a couple, a single adult or even under sixteen, we have a category for you.
Starting Sailing is not Expensive
Our sailing training courses include club membership for new members and you will be able to use club dinghies once you have completed your training.
This way you can get started in this great outdoor activity without making a big investment. And you can pay monthly.
In order to make sailing at Prestwick more accessible to those on low income we operate a sliding scale to price our training activities. More details are HERE
If you have any queries regarding any of our training programs, please don't hesitate to contact our training team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to buy a boat?
The club has a fleet of dinghies suitable for anyone.
These dinghies are used for training and are available for members to use when training is not on (for a minimal fee).
If you have your own dinghy we can allocate a berth for you (berthing fee payable).
Online application is easy.
1) Login or register - you will need to enter your name and email address
2) Enter the online application process HERE.
3) Enter postal address and a telephone number and select a Membership Type. Please fill in the "short bio" section to let us know how you found out about the club and what, if any, sailing you have done before.
3) Submit application
You will receive an e-mail confirmation at each stage of the process and once your application is approved we will email you the request to pay.
2022 Membership Fees
- Memberships and berthing fees are separate.
- To use the club or a berth you must have paid the appropriate fees.
- Memberships and berthing fees run for 12 months from their start and then the renewal date (started in August 2021 so does not apply to any fees before this date).
- Training course fees may include a new membership. This is not available to existing members.
- Where a new membership is provided as part of a training course this will run for 12 months.
- Neither membership fees nor berthing fees are refundable.
Last updated 19:00 on 21 April 2022