The coming season sees some major changes to the racing programme. I hope what has been done in response to last years feedback goes some way to addressing members wishes.
The following changes have been implemented:
1. Change of Sunday racing start time to 11 a.m.
2. The removal of lengthy series. The early series, summer series, late series and handicap series have all been removed. These have been replaced by a monthly series of three races with two to count each month held over the Thursday nights with a trophy presented on the final night to the monthly winner. The only long series that remains is the Founders trophy series.
3. Nearly all Sunday race will be for prizes or trophies and will consist of three races with two to count. These are intended to be short races with a target time of 25-30 minutes.
4. There is a Founders trophy race once a month on a Sunday at the same time as the Cadets have their series. The cadets will have a separate small course with their start immediately after the Founders start. The second race following the Founders trophy on this day is designated the medal race. It will be sailed on the course that the cadets have sailed for their race. This is intended to be a less serious event with the intention that cadets and adult racers can race in a relaxed, unpressured environment with the emphasis on having fun. As the name suggests there will be medals awarded on the day. The intention is to have a barbecue following these races when the weather allows.
5. There is no longer a slow or fast fleet.
6. Sailwave will be used to calculate results. There will be a laptop in the clubhouse to facilitate this. If you are not familiar with the programme it is free to download and I would urge you to try it at home and familiarise yourself with it. There will be two training sessions held before the season starts to show members how to use it. These will be held on the 23rd of March and the 6th of April.