Sailing restarts 30th May.
Published 20:24 on 29 May 2020
We are re-opening for limited activity from 30th May.
The Scottish Government has announced a relaxation of the lockdown restrictions. The rules now allow sailing with limitations.
This lockdown relaxation is an extension to exercise options, not a carte blanche return to boating. All existing social distancing and hygiene measures remain in place.
The club is open only for independent sailing from 30th May.The clubhouse and all sheds and stores will remain closed with no access.There will be no organised activity and it will not be possible to launch or operate safety boats. To help compliance with social distancing the number of members permitted to access the compound in any session will be limited.
It will be more important than ever that we are vigilant in ensuring our safety onshore and afloat and we have introduced some restrictions which must be followed in addition to our normal safety procedures:
Avoid placing extra strain on the RNLI and other Emergency Services.
- Competent sailors only.
- Check your boat thoroughly before going afloat.
- Let someone know you are going afloat and tell them when you are back ashore.
- No sailing in off shore winds.
- Maximum wind strength force 3.
- Stay inshore.
- Take care on the slipway as it is not in good condition.
Stop spread of the virus, Social Distancing and Personal Hygiene
- Comply with 2m social distancing at all times.
- No access to the Clubhouse, sheds and stores.
- Singlehanders and household groups only.
- There will be no rescue boats.
- No club boats are available at present, although we are looking at future options.
- Limited numbers in the compound:
- Maximum 6 boats in any morning, afternoon or evening session.
- Members must reserve a time via "Reserve Activities" on the Members Area of our website.
- Use hand sanitizer before and after opening compound gate (or wash your hands). You must take your own hand sanitizer.
- Be aware of social distancing from public on promenade and beach.
If you have not applied for membership you cannot use the club during this phase of re-opening. If you have not already applied for 2020 membership please apply online via the website.
We have produced a single sheet with these arrangements. Please take it with you to the club to remind yourself of the current precautions.
Last updated 19:30 on 27 April 2021